25 February, 2009

Bamber Goes Bare for Bears... Why, Jamie? Why?

Don't get me wrong. Like most women (and men in the gay community,) I certainly won't complain when Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber takes off his clothes. In fact, one of my secret favorite episodes of BSG is "Final Cut," in which Bamber appears for a fraction of a moment in nothing but a loosely draped towel. He has a body that just won't quit, but PETA, Jamie? Seriously, PETA? How much did he actually know about PETA before he signed up for that?

In all seriousness, I am all about animals. I love animals. I have three pets at home and they are a joy to have around. They brighten our lives and make us laugh regularly. That doesn't mean I'm going to rush out and join PETA, because PETA is bad. Why is PETA bad? Here, let Penn and Teller tell you all about them:

Penn & Teller: Bullshit PETA, Part 1
(These videos may contain language which is considered offensive to some people... watch at your own risk)


Part 2


Part 3


I know, I know, this is a touchy issue. People in Hollyweird LOVE PETA. Celebrities jump on this bandwagon and promote its principles without thinking of what PETA is really asking them to do. All the skinny actresses can go vegan. There's nothing wrong with veganism. It's a personal choice that I have absolutely no interest in making for myself or my family. I choose organic instead. Organic farming is cruelty free, toxin free and I can still enjoy a chicken sandwich at the end of the day and scrambled eggs and french toast on Sunday morning if I want to.

The thing that irks me about PETA is that they parade around touting animal rights, but then commit acts of physical and mental violence against PEOPLE. Are we not still part of the animal kingdom? And if we step outside our human skin long enough to look at the other animals in the animal kingdom, are lions not chasing down antelope for dinner? Okay, so we are of higher consciousness and awareness, supposedly. If that is so true then why the violence against our fellow man? Makes you wonder.

So to Mr. Bamber... I think you're incredibly sexy, and I'm all about bears. They're my totem animal, you know. They're beautiful and majestic, and if you want to take your clothes off to go against the inhumane treatment of bears, I have this friend who's an excellent photographer... We'll start a new campaign called Go Bare for Bears, or whatever you want to call it. We'll sell t-shirts and give all the proceeds to programs that actually help bears in the wild. We just won't affiliate with that terrorist group known as PETA. So, whaddaya say? Feel like strippin' it down again? Only this time for a more rational group of animal lovers?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I couldn't agree with you more. I love animals too. I don't like when animals are treated in a cruel manner, but I think there's a HUGE difference between cruelty and eating meat or having pets.

    There were times when I was a child that we wouldn't have had anything to eat had my father not gone hunting.

    I also don't think that it's okay to promote violence like PETA and ALF are. There's no acceptable reason for it.

    I also love how they all use double-standards to justify their actions. Penn & Teller tell it like it is and I love that they addressed this issue.

    ReplyDelete