03 March, 2009

Superficial TV Watching...

I have watched some lowdown and dirty things in my life simply because I am attracted to shiny things... like a moth to a flame, if you will. For example, the movie Babylon A.D., which starred Vin Diesel, looked like a great sci-fi action flick, and turned out to be one of the most ridiculously plotless films I've ever seen. That's Hollyweird at work, ladies and gentlemen. Vin Diesel, big boom equals box office blowout... NOT!

Now based on an obsession from the last two years, I have been scouring the IMDb for unseen Callum Keith Rennie films and series because one: Rennie is a phenomenal actor. The proof is in the pudding, people. This last year alone he had pretty significant roles in Californication, Battlestar Galactica and The X-Files movie.

Chances are you've never heard of this Canadian hottie, and really that's a shame. He's had minor roles in more televisions series than you could imagine, like Smallville, Painkiller Jane, Supernatural and even the recent Bionic Woman remake. While there are several things I like about Callum Keith Rennie, one of the things I like best is his diversity. While he seems to get cast quite often in detective/cop roles, there's something about him that makes me like cops more...

And for those of you who like to paint... I know I'm going to spend more time in Canadian Home Depots waiting for Mr. Rennie to come and shake my paint can like he did to Katee Sackhoff in this video clip:



Wait a second... do they even have Home Depot in Canada???

4 comments:

  1. He was also fantastic in Due South, Normal, Flower and Garnet, Falling Angels, and the incomparable Hard Core Logo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. I've been watching Due South slowly and I love him in it! I have heard awesome things about his performance in Flower and Garnet, but have yet to see the movie. Thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete